Myopain Solutions Manual Therapy Overview
Modern Neuromuscular Therapy is an innovative form of problem-solving massage therapy that uses advanced manual therapy and dynamic, safe movement techniques, along with pain neuroscience education. The ultimate purpose is to reduce pain in all its forms and to restore full function.
The NMT session starts with comprehensive information gathering, followed by a detailed assessment. This informs the design and purpose of the advanced manual techniques. The manual techniques that are used are personalized for the individual. Active movement techniques are safe and introduced slowly. Along the way the patient is introduced to the latest pain neuroscience education to understand how they got so bad. This combination really helps pain sufferers understand and give meaning to their symptoms, and take control of the rehabilitation, thus speeding up the healing process.
NMT considers the whole living, breathing, thinking patient in context with their environment.
NMT is good for most soft-tissue driven pain and dysfunction. It may be used in many ways;
- NMT reduces longstanding pain that was originally derived from soft tissue, including connective tissue.
- NMT should be used before having a more invasive procedure, like surgery.
- NMT may be helpful for pre-operative pain and hard-to-explain post-op pain.
- NMT can be used for performance enhancement.
- NMT can be a valuable part of regular monthly maintenance.
- NMT is particularly good at solving enigmatic pain puzzles associated with myofascial pain.
The Principles Underlying NMT?
Your health will be considered under the three components of overall well-being;
- Your biomechanics,
- Your biochemistry,
- And all contributing psychosocial factors
NMT itself addresses six major factors of health restoration:
- Firstly, we address all forms of muscular injury due to soft-tissue overload, overuse, misuse, disuse and abuse.
- We also think of the body in terms of neurological wellbeing, both cognitively and mechanically.
- Posture and subsequent movement are assessed.
- We always identify and deactivate all trigger point contributions to pain and dysfunction.
- Attention is paid to educating the patient in chronic pain on what is going on in their body. We call this pain neuroscience education.
- Lastly, we try to identify, modify or remove all relevant perpetuating factors. These factors can include ergonomics, sleep, nutrition and stress etc.
The Myopain Solutions NMT method combines:
- Assessment and reassessment of the body.
- Manual techniques that are tailor-made for each individual situation.
- An active movement rehabilitation component, and,
- Some pain neuroscience education to help you understand how pain works and how it can be controlled.
The overall aim is to provide a swifter recovery from pain and to promote optimal, efficient movement.
By understanding the comprehensive nature of how things go wrong in the body, and the contributions of biomechanical, biochemical and psychosocial factors, we develop effective strategies to solve even the toughest, longstanding pain conditions.